Friday, March 16, 2012

Art & Markets

Perth Upmarket was on the 4th March at UWA and I had a stall outside for the first time. It was a devil of a hot day but I had the pleasure of overlooking Choi Jeong Hwa's Breathing Flower installation which distracted me a little from the heat. The giant petals lifted up and then deflated as the flower 'exhaled'. Sometimes the wind gave the petals a little extra lift (at one point I thought the whole flower was going to take flight!) and the ducks didn't seem to mind their bright red pond-mate. Choi Jeong Hwa is the same artist who created the giant triangular structures in Stirling Gardens and filled up Central Gallery with balloons, both which I mentioned in a previous post and was also part of Perth Festival (which is now sadly over boo hoo!).


I'm also doing two other markets this month - The William Street Festival in Northbridge on Sunday 18th March and Unwrapped in South Perth on Sunday 25th March. I'll be sharing a stall with Anna Hadwin Crochet Toys so it will be doubly cute - you have been warned!
There will also be lots of things to do and see at the William Street Festival including origami workshops, a sneaker swapmeet, gogo dancing and yummy foods. I can't wait! I hope to see you there - 10am to 4pm, Sunday 18th March on William Street Northbridge (between Francis and Newcastle Streets).

No comments:

Post a Comment