Sunday, March 8, 2015

Uppercase lowdown


One of my favourite magazines is Uppercase from Canada and I was very excited to find out that the creator/designer/editor, Janine Vangool was coming to the Perth Writers Festival! She was on a few panels speaking about magazines with people from Dumbo Feather, Kinfolk, Smith Journal and Alphabet Family Journal. I was impressed to hear how she can produce a whole magazine by herself every few months and still have time to spend with her family and to sleep! After the talks, I got to meet her and she is a very nice lady :) She even wrote a lovely message in my copy of the latest Uppercase. Such a happy fangirl moment!

1 comment:

  1. I won tickets to those sessions. It was an inspiring day. I too was astounded by her productivity! I had let my Uppercase subscription lapse a couple of years ago by I am definitely back on board. I wish I'd been brave enough to approach her.

    ReplyDelete